Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Day You Walked By

Would you believe me if I told you I was insecure?
That I second guessed myself after I sent the text and waited by the phone for a response.
I am not always as strong as I seem, in fact sometimes I feel quite weak...and forgotten.
One day I'm a leper, the next day I'm spoiled rotten.
Would you believe me if I said my feelings change like the tides?
And that the only day I almost cried was that rainy Monday when you walked by, head high, talking to some guy.
The contents of the conversation were irrelevant, still you chose to ignore my presence, and it sent a chill down my spine.
You found it so easy to push me aside, how could I cry?
Tears wouldn't change that Monday.
Or every Monday after that when I stood in the same spot you saw me in, staring at the people walking by.
Hoping that maybe in that spot I could become invisible to them, like I was to you the day you walked by.
Hope. Such a childish fantasy, I should have outgrown it by now..
But it is the last strand of a perfect romance and I clench it in my fist, knuckles turning white, refusing to loosen my grip.
Don't judge me.
Don't you dare judge me.
You are me.

No comments:

Post a Comment